Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Few Bumps in the Road

This past week I have been visiting my husband in Florida. It didn't quite go as expected; I had a few bumps along the way. First there was a little scare of a possible gas leak in my apartment. When my cat sitter first mentioned the gas leak I thought maybe she was talking about the cats. The blond kitty, Buddy2, does tend to get a little gassy. But it actually turned out to be the stove and all is fine now. As long as the kitty cats were fine than that was all that mattered to me.

By the end of the week I realized all of my keys were gone. It was a bit frustrating. I honestly have no idea where they went. I remember seeing them when I was grabbing my big pile of clothes to put in the washing machine. I don't have a washer or dryer in apartment so I jammed as much stuff as I could in my suitcase so I could take advantage of the washer and dryer in my husband's place in Florida. Unfortunately that was the last time my keys were seen. They seemed to have disappeared into the same place that those lone socks go when doing laundry. Coincidence? 

Fortunately, I was able to find replacements for all the keys including the car key, which is costing me an arm and a leg to replace. I have the locksmith meeting me at the airport to take care of that issue. It is kind of nice having someone meet me at the airport even if it is just the locksmith and even if I have to pay him money. My cat sitter can leave my spare apartment key at work and I can pick up my work keys when I go and pick up my apartment key. My only hope is that when I get into Norfolk tomorrow everything will go smoothly. 

I seem to be a person filled with mishap. I have this strange tendency to be a bit unlucky and a bit clumsy; Ok maybe more than a bit clumsy. I need to take it day by day and learn to laugh at the mishaps. It is what it is. I can't change these little things about my life. 

The most important part of this trip was to spend time with my husband and out of everything that's happened this week (there were other small issues, which I will not mention) nothing bad happened while I was with my husband. I completely enjoyed every minute I had with him. I am able to go back to Virginia a happier and more rested person.  

On a different issue, concerning living apart from my husband this year, I have learned that sometimes you have to make some sacrifices in life. It hasn't been easy, but you learn to make adjustments and move on from there. I can live this year being depressed and upset about not being with my husband or I can continue living my life. And in those times I feel a little bummed I need to stop and just pray that God will give me the strength to make it through. Life is an adventure and I plan on taking advantage of all it has to offer, including all the bumps in the road. My husband and I will join together again when we move back to Wisconsin a couple of years down the road. In the mean time there will be lots of visits, lots of calls on the phone and lots of text messaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment