Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 365- Make a Commitment

A week after starting this blog I suddenly had this feeling of panic rush through me. I thought to myself, "What have I gotten myself into? How am I going to do this for an entire year?" But the days passed by and before I knew it I was on day 365.
Some days were more difficult than others. Some days I wanted to cry; some days frustration and stress got the best of me. But I eventually came to the realization that these negative feelings were steering me away from my goals. I needed to just go with the flow and enjoy the whole process. If I made a mistake or wasn't completely faithful to my tasks I needed to learn from them and move forward. 

The toughest part was writing everyday, but somehow I managed. I had days in which I was tired, sick, upset or I just plain didn't feel like posting in my blog. Some days I had no idea what I was going to write about while other days I could just go on and on. Much of the time I found writing in my blog very therapeutic, whether it be writing about cleaning the sink or striving for sainthood. I think I found a new passion in writing. This passion for writing has been one of my greatest accomplishments and a definite boost in my happiness level for the year.

I am not perfect, I haven't succeeded with all of my tasks, but I have done the best I can. I refuse to say that I failed with anything I have done, because many of these tasks are still a work in progress and even if I don't continue with some of them at least I gave it a try. Yes, there have been setbacks, but there hasn't been failure. I will continue on and do the best I can, continually working on the goals I want to achieve in my life.

This is not the end this is just the beginning. I plan on making these tasks a part of my life. I plan on working on the ones that still give me trouble and who knows maybe I'll even continue with my blog. But after writing every day for a year I plan on taking a little break. If or when I do come back it won't be something I write in everyday. Right now I will sit back, relax and enjoy the life I was given and I will continue on with my ultimate goal of living a healthier, happier and more organized life.

No comments:

Post a Comment