Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 67- Exfoliate

I have decided that my skin needs another boost. So today I began my regimen of exfoliating. I'm not just talking about my face, but my whole body. After exfoliating today I couldn't believe how soft my skin felt. I loved it! Exfoliating strips away dead cells and dirt from the outer layer of your skin, which I think is why my skin felt so soft.

The benefits of exfoliating include fresher, brighter looking skin. It also helps your other skin products do their job more effectively, because it will help those products penetrate within your skin better. It may also help control acne, and also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines.

So, who benefits from exfoliating? Well, people over 30 benefit, because cell turnover tends to slow down as we age. People with oilier skin also benefit, because it will help to reduce the oil production on your skin. If you are someone that has dry or sensitive skin than exfoliating may not be for you, because it may cause irritation to your skin.

I've decided to exfoliate once or maybe twice a week. No more than that. I do have somewhat oilier skin, so it is ok for me to exfoliate a little more often, but we'll just play it by ear, and see what happens. If my skin starts to get a bit irritated than it's time to cut back.

I've noticed a lot of times I seem to prefer a lot of products made by Aveeno, and it's no different this time. This time I'm using a product called 'Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Nourishing Smoothing Body Wash With Pomegranate and Rice'. Yes, that's a mouthful. I'd never remember the name without having it in front of me. I love the smell of it!

There are several different types of products and procedures out there for exfoliation. Some are harsher than others, and honestly I'm not going to pretend to know everything about exfoliating. All I know is what works for me. One thing to remember is that I know absolutely nothing about all the different things I've been doing. For the most part I'm just winging it, and so far everything has been working out pretty well for me. Hopefully I'll continue on that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment