Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 66- Stretch

I had something else planned for the day. But sometimes things change, and after beginning today with a neck and backache, and after having a bit more stressful day than planned, I thought today seemed to be a good day to begin stretching. I'm not just talking about stretching before a workout. I'm talking about stretching throughout the day.

Stretching can be beneficial for several reasons. It can relieve pain, increase your energy level, increase your flexibility, increase your circulation, relieve stress helping you to relax, enhance muscular coordination and improve your posture, among other benefits.

A long time ago I used to do a little stretching routine before I went to bed at night. I would start at my feet and work my way up, trying to stretch every muscle of my body. What the stretching did was release any tension I was feeling and bring me to a more relaxed state, which in turn helped me to sleep better at night.

There's no reason I can't do this throughout the day. I could see it being useful in the morning, because it could help to loosen you up and get you moving. In the middle of the day after dealing with the stresses of daily life, it could help relieve any tension. And as I said at night because it helps to relax you to give you a better nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment