Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tell Me About Yourself.

I have been trying to be more social and have noticed I like to talk about myself a bit too much. Can I help it if I get excited when I talk about Wisconsin, my cat's, my husband, my family, my job, my travels, music, the Packers... Ok, I should probably stop now.

So here's the challenge: When I begin a conversation with a person I will put all the focus on them or on something else aside from me. I will not talk about myself unless specifically asked. I will not post about myself on FaceBook, unless it's something important. In fact I will try to comment on other's posts more often in an effort to be more outgoing and to get to know them better.

Sometimes I feel like I really don't know the people around me. I need to work on this skill, and the only way I see of doing that is to try this little experiment for awhile. I realize that this is kind of oxymoron since I am talking about myself right now, but I really can't be writing this blog if I don't talk about myself. There are certain aspects of my life that are going to be exceptions to this rule, and I will deal with those situations as they come.

What it really comes down to is I want to know more about the people in my life; I want to know who they are because they are important to me; I already know about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment