Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 71- The Eyes

I've always thought my eyes were my best outward quality, and I want to make sure I do what I can to protect and keep them looking good. I've done a couple of things in the past to help protect my eyes like going to the eye doctor and getting new glasses. I've also been wearing sunglasses when I am outside or driving.

Today I thought I would start using a moisturizer especially made for the eyes. The skin around the eyes is so sensitive, and I want to make sure I don't use anything too harsh. One problem I have is when I use anything that's too harsh for my eyes or when my allergies begin acting up I end up getting little bumps below my eyes. So my main objective is to avoid that particular negative outcome.

This time I decided to use Garnier Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream. Why this particular brand? No reason really, but I've tried several different types of eye creams in the past, and many of them just don't seem to agree with me. So I thought I'd try something different. You are supposed to use it day and night, but I thought since I do tend to have a sensitivity to certain products that I'd begin by just using it once a day.

Even though I only have a couple of little lines on my left eye, I thought the little extra help couldn't hurt. The funny thing is they say that people tend to have more lines on the side of the face that they sleep on, but for me the few lines that I do have are on the opposite side of my face. I can't figure this one out. Oh yes, and as an added bonus for today I also got my eyebrows done. I could've saved that for another day, but I just decided to go all out with my eyes today.

2 comments:

  1. I am incredibly intrigued by your choice of eye cream. I have tried about 30 other brands to no avail. You may think that there are not 30 other brands out there, but I try to use generics as much as possible, so that makes the choices so much more. Thanks for this incredible insight. I will run to my local gas station tomorrow to find this product as it caught my eye there last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it's been working pretty well. It feels a lot gentler on the eyes. Like you I have tried many different eye creams in the past and eventually gave up, but decided to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete