Thursday, February 21, 2013

Let Me Help You

When I arrived in Pensacola yesterday my husband said to me, "Yeah, you're going to stop taking that medication." He seemed to know immediately that I was not myself and that this medication I was on was doing me more harm than good.

This medication messed with my system. I have not been myself and it has been a bit worrisome. I have been constantly exhausted, wanting nothing more than to sleep. This constant exhaustion has made me lose focus, made me kind of depressed, clumsier than usual and who knows what else. This made me think; I don't know that I was completely aware of what was going on at first. I don't think I realized how bad I was getting, but no one said anything to me. No one asked me if I was all right. No one asked me what they could do to help. A couple of people said something to me in passing, but no one sat me down to talk to me, which is probably what I needed.

I am one of those people that would also ignore the outward signs of others around me, and I think that is something that needs to change. I'm not just talking about reactions to medication here, but people's emotional well-being as well. Sometimes people just need someone to talk to or need a little extra help with something. We are in a society where it can be very difficult to ask for help when needed and that is when I think it is up to us to freely offer that help to others and to truly mean it.

A friend of mine said one time that one of the most overused statements we all use is, "If there's anything you need let me know." She said this statement is just an easy way to show people you care but you really don't give a s*** enough to actually do something. She said if you really did give a s*** you would actually do something and wouldn't wait for someone else to ask you for help when they were in need.

*To update you on the medicine situation, I have stopped taking it. I am still feeling a bit foggy, but hopefully I'll be back to myself in a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment