Monday, January 27, 2014

Decisions

Sometimes you're left with a choice in life in which no matter what you do you have to give something up that's very important to you. A few month ago when my husband told me he had to stay in Florida he gave me a choice; he told me I could stay in Virginia instead of moving down to Florida to be with him. But I told him that my place was with him. I told him I loved him and I couldn't be away from him any longer. I would do anything for my husband; I love him dearly, but it doesn't mean that the sacrifices I make for him are easy.

Music is important to me. There is no way I can express how important it is to me in my life. My faith is also very important to me. I have been so lucky in that I have been able to combine those two important aspects of my life into one by being the music director for a church. My faith is made stronger through my music and my music is made stronger by my faith. It's an indescribable feeling for me when I'm at Mass playing or singing my music to God. By leaving Virginia, by leaving my job and the people I've come to love I am losing a part of me. 

But eighteen years ago I made a commitment to my husband and as difficult as it is for me to leave behind something so important to me I know where I must be. I know my place is with my husband. I have to believe that God has a plan for me. God has something greater in store for me and I need to trust in Him. I need to trust that He knows what He is doing. I need to believe that everything will work out. 

The decisions we make in our life are not always easy, but it's a part of life. I believe that God has a greater plan for me. I may not be able to see it right now, but I am ready for whatever He has in store for me on this journey I am about to embark on.

No comments:

Post a Comment