Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 17- Clean Dresser/Closet

I seem to misunderstand the use of a dresser. While I use my dresser regularly, I will usually put my clothing on my dresser instead of in it. So, as I looked at all my clothing in a big mess on top of my dresser I decided that today would be a good day to organize my dresser. I also thought that as long as I was at it I might as well organize the clothes inside my closet too.

So the first thing that I did was to take every single item of clothing I had and put it 'ever so gently' on my bed as you can see from the above photo. I found clothing that I hadn't worn in years. I also found clothing that was torn or marred in some way. By the time I got done organizing all of my clothes I ended up getting rid of four garbage bags full of clothing.

This took me quite a bit of time and there were some items of clothing that were tough for me to part with, but I knew they had to go. Now this is only the first step in my clothing organization. I actually have another task planned in the near future, and it's going to be a tough one. A very tough one. But I guess you're just going to have to wait to see what that task is.

One thing that I realized was that even with all the clothes that I owned, I always felt as though I had nothing to wear. I think the problem was that I had too many clothes, and I just couldn't make the decision as to what I should wear. My goal is to simplify, so that I won't have to worry about that anymore. So we'll see if this will help. I have a feeling that some of the clothes that were tough for me to part with won't even be missed. After all they are just clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment