Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 55- Knit a Blanket (It's Not About the Blanket)

So today I'm going to begin to once again knit a blanket. This has been something that I've been actually working on for years. I do the same thing every time. I begin working on a blanket, and then I get bored or distracted by something else, and I forget about it. When I decide to continue knitting again, the blanket disappears or I can't figure out what I was doing, and so I figure it's just easier to begin again. I end up going through this same cycle over and over again.

As I've said in the title, it's not about the blanket. What it's really about is finishing something that I've started. That's the real task, and one that I intend to complete. I decided to keep it simple. There's no way I'm going to lose track of where I am, because I'm just knitting, using simple stitches, and when it's long enough I'll stop.

It may not be the most beautiful or perfect blanket when I'm finished, but it will be the best blanket I've ever had (Except for maybe my baby blanket, which I still have to this day). It will be the best blanket I've ever had, because it will represent the accomplishment of me finishing something that I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment