Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 56- Clean Kitchen Cabinets

Our tiny galley kitchen (side 1)
Our tiny little galley kitchen (side 2)

As you can see from the above pictures, we have a very small kitchen. If this were our permanent home we'd probably get our kitchen redone, but it's not and so we have to make do with what we have. We probably will get a few minor things done in the near future, but a complete makeover is out of the picture.

So the problem was everything was in disarray, and jammed into the cabinets anyway they could fit. I ended up taking everything out of all the cabinets, and redoing everything. I put dishes away in the attic that we haven't used in awhile or that are only used on special occasions. I then tossed out food in the cabinets that had expired. After that I wiped down all of the cabinets, and put everything back in its place or in a different place as was the case for a few of the items.

Considering the lack of room that we have, it was a very difficult task. And I don't know that I'm completely satisfied with the results. I'm sure I'll be making some minor adjustments in the near future.

I love doing my organization tasks. It just makes me feel so accomplished, and it so gratifying. Up to this point all of my tasks that pertain to organizing and cleaning have been maintained, and it feels almost relaxing and less stressful to have everything in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment