Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Am Not You

This is a reminder that I am not you; I am me. I am an individual. My life has taken me on different path than you. You can not compare me to anyone else, because I have life experiences that you do not have. My lifestyle, my beliefs, my personality, my everything is different than you.

I am Catholic; I am a musician, a military spouse. I am kind, sensitive, tolerant, adventurous, quirky and bit nerdy. I am also disorganized, clumsy and impatient. I am forgetful and am always losing things. I love my cats, husband, friends and family. I love God. I will always have your back and I am always striving to live a more Christlike life. I am not perfect and this Christlike life is a constant work in progress, but I always try to do my best and to be the best I can be.

These experiences, my friends, my family, God have all helped to shape me into the person I am today. No singular person is exactly like anyone else, and that is what is so amazingly wonderful.

My point is this; just because I don't believe in the same thing or have the same politics as you doesn't mean I am better than you or even a bad person. Choose your words wisely; treat others as you would want to be treated; don't judge and whether you are Christian or not I think leading a Christlike life is a good thing for everyone to live by.


No comments:

Post a Comment