Monday, January 14, 2013

Reboot


Calm down. I'm not actually crying. I just have a little
photophobia, and that's not fear of photos. It's sensitivity to light.
Time to reboot my whole system. I'm not talking about my computer. I'm talking about me. It's time to do a little organizing; time to do some cleaning; time to get healthier; time to find me in this chaos I call my life; it's time for a total overhaul.

Ok, really it's not that bad. Really!! So don't start worrying; I'm fine. I have this tendency to over exaggerate. But I have been sick the last few days and I seem to be staying sick. This made me think back to certain times in my past. I seem to remember these frequent telephone conversations with my mom when I was in college, which seemed to go something like this:

Me: I'm not feeling well.
Mom: What's wrong?
Me: I have a stomach ache.
Mom: No, what's wrong?

Yep, this is a good representation of how I feel,
but I think Buddy2 actually likes sleeping like this.
Yep, usually if I am sick it is because something is bothering me or something is stressing me out; the secret is out. Oh I am genuinely sick. But I have gotten myself so stressed out, or so upset that it has physically made me sick. It's funny how that works.

Everything feels so cluttered and in disarray. I feel like I need to get some organization back in my life. Yes, there are other little things, but I think some of those 'little things' will work themselves out once I get more organized. It's amazing how something as small as being organized can affect how you feel.

Right now I feel like I want everything to stop so I can catch up. While I can't make the entire world stop (that would be kind of scary), I can make myself stop, if just for a moment. All I need to do is stop, take a few deep breaths, pray my little heart out for whatever guidance and strength I may need and then begin from there.  Sometimes the best way to catch up is to just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment