Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 1-Water Intake

My biggest crutch is my Diet Coke. I wake up and have a Diet Coke, and continuosly have Diet Coke throughout the day. I know all the bad things that are said concerning diet soda, but I just don't care.

Today I will make a small change. Instead of going cold turkey and cutting out Diet Coke all together (going cold turkey never works for me), I will substitute water for one of my Diet Cokes. It's a small change, but it's one I hope will continue to change throughout the year.

There are several benefits to drinking water. It can help your skin with its appearance; it gives you increased energy; it helps with weight loss, and it can also help with your digestion and headaches. As a frequent sufferer of migraines this is likely to be the greatest benefit to me.

The issue I have is I don't like water. I find it boring. There's just no taste. But I have found a solution to this issue making it easier for me to drink; it needs to be ice cold. A few little ice chunks makes it so much better. So, I'll put it in the freezer just until it begins to freeze over, and then drink away.

It's Diet Coke vs. water, and Diet Coke will still win today, but water will begin to make its appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment