Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 14- Adoration

I adore You, Lord and Creator, hidden in the Blessed Sacrament. I adore You for all the works of Your hands, that reveal to me so much wisdom, goodness and mercy, O Lord. You have spread so much beauty over the earth, and it tells me about Your beauty, even though these beautiful things are but a faint reflection of You, Incomprehensible Beauty. And although You have hidden Yourself and concealed Your beauty, my eye, enlightened by faith, reaches You, and my soul recognizes its Creator, its Highest Good; and my heart is completely immersed in prayer of adoration. (Saint Faustina's Diary 1962)
I have completed or have been working on many items from my list to help better my life including items for health, organization, and happiness. But today I thought I would begin to explore and strengthen my spirituality.

So my plan for the day was to attend Adoration. As a Catholic we believe that the bread and wine are transformed into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. During Adoration the Eucharist (the bread that is transformed) is displayed. People will come into the chapel throughout the day and quietly and prayerfully deepen their relationship to God, through prayer, meditation, or spiritual reading while being in the presence of the Lord.

A lot of times we go to Church on the weekend, and instead of taking Christ with us as we leave, and incorporating Him into our daily lives we leave Him there, and go on with our everyday life. Adoration is a time where you can essentially have one on one time with the Lord without distraction. I found that being in the Chapel in His presence can be a very moving and wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment