Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 4- Nail Biting

I have the tendency to be fidgety. I'm always moving around, never quite able to sit completely still, and when you add nervousness and stress to the picture what you get is a person who bites their nails.

It is a hard habit to break, but it's a disgusting one too. There are a lot of germs underneath those fingernails and although that alone may be enough to keep you away from biting those nails, there is also the fact that biting your nails will wear down the enamel of your teeth. So today my task is to stop biting my nails.

Now I can never have long fingernails. My job prevents this from happening. It's kind of hard to play the piano when my fingernails get in the way. But that doesn't mean that they have to be as short as they are and that I shouldn't take care of them. I can still have nice and neat fingernails that aren't too long and don't get in the way of my piano playing.

I figured it's a lot easier taking care of my fingernails when I keep them pretty by using a nail file to keep the edges clean and even, and by painting them. If I do this I'll be less tempted to bite them.

No comments:

Post a Comment