Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 5- Exercise (5 minutes)

As I continue on this journey there are a few things I've noticed. I've realized that certain things are easier than others to get used to. Surprisingly the easiest task for me has been drinking a glass of water a day. I have noticed that it has already become a habit for me, and at times, sometimes, not always, but sometimes I will even grab an extra glass of water.

The other thing that has been easy for me to get used to is keeping my car clean (ha-ha)! I'm still in Wisconsin, and haven't driven my car since early Friday morning. So obviously I haven't had problems with that task. We'll see how hard maintaining the cleanliness of my car is when I get back to Virginia.

I have also noticed that this blog itself has become habit, and has been very therapeutic in its own way. I wake up each day, and can't wait until the next task. It has been something that has been challenging, but fun at the same time. I look forward to posting each item on my blog, and then deciding on what task out of my 100 or so items I have on my list so far that I will do for the next day.

For my task for today I have decided to begin exploring the idea of working out. I have entered what I call the experimental and habit forming stage of working out. I only plan on working out for five minutes in the morning each day.

I am a creature of habit, and I need to get used to the idea of working out, rather than working out itself. I need to experiment, and find something that will hold my interest, and keep me motivated. So although five minutes won't get me very far, it will be something that will progress throughout the year, and will be increased by small increments until I am at a real workout schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment