Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 7- Read

Today has been another travel day for me. I left Wisconsin this morning to come back to Virginia. I had a great time visiting with family and friends, and was glad to see everyone, but it's time to get back into reality.

I seem to be going with a theme these last couple of days. Yesterday was all about writing, and today I have decided to take a cue from my husband and a good friend of mine, and read. Every night before my husband goes to sleep, he'll sit in bed and do a bit of reading. He says that it's good way for him to wind down, and that it makes it easier for him to fall asleep at night.

I have always loved reading, but I haven't been doing much reading lately. When I was a child I would always have a book in my hands, reading one book and then going right to the next book.

When I am at home relaxing I usually have the television and my computer on at the same time. Which seems more like muli-tasking than relaxing. There never seems to be a moment in the house where everything is just quiet. I have decided to begin the nightly ritual of turning off the TV and computer, and just picking up a good book and spending some time quality time reading before I go to bed.

There are many benefits to reading. Unlike sitting in front of the TV it is an active mental process. Reading can increase your concentration and focus. It also improves your vocabulary. And as said previously it is a good way to wind down from the stresses of the day. These are just a few of the many benefits of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment