Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 20- Dishes

My husband is usually the one to do the dishes, and he's very meticulous. He takes the dish, uses dish soap, scrubs the dish until it's clean, inspects the dish to make sure he didn't miss any spots, rinses it, and then... puts it in the dishwasher to be washed.

I didn't know about this quirky habit when I met him. We didn't have a dishwasher until we moved to Ohio, which was about seven years into our marriage. The first time I saw him 'literally' washing the dishes before putting the dishes in the dishwasher, I just sat there and looked at him in confusion.

So today I thought I'd begin doing the dishes. I'm already realizing that if I do them right away it's really not that bad. I don't see this as something that I'll be doing exclusively by myself. I have a feeling that my husband actually likes doing dishes, so I think I'll still be getting some help. But that's fine. I don't necessarily have to do each task or chore completely by myself. I think it's fine to get a little help every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment