Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 24- Clean Nightstand

Today was another day that involved organizing. I've been determined to get a lot of these organizational tasks done and out of the way, so I won't have to worry about them anymore.

So today I decided to organize my nightstand and the area around it. This involved cleaning the top, inside, and around my nightstand, which pretty much just means the floor around my bed. The good news about the floor is that it wasn't too bad, because I have faithfully been putting my clothes in the laundry basket like I'm supposed to
instead of on the floor.

The items that were in my nightstand were there because I would occasionally need to clean up in a hurry, and without thinking about it I would just stuff everything possible into the drawers. This was a frequent remedy for my cleaning, but then I realized something, I can't fit anything else in the drawers. So, I really had no choice, but to clean my nightstand.

I've decided that there really isn't much of a need for a nightstand for me, except to hold my lamp, alarm clock, and maybe my hair clips and jewelry when I take them off at night. There should be no reason to keep my nightstand for anything else. It should not have been as messy as it was. So, no more last minute cleaning by stuffing everything possible into my nightstand. That just is not an option anymore.

This is called an Angklung, and I had it sitting on top of my nightstand, but there just wasn't the room for it to fit on top, and when I would clumsily turn the alarm off in the morning sometimes I would knock it off the nightstand. It's a musical instrument that my husband had gotten for me on one of his trips. I have decided that its new spot will be in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment