Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 25- Sunscreen

This task is going to tie in with Thursday's task of going to the Dermatologist. I'm pretty much using tons of stuff on my face right now. I feel like I have an entire pharmacy on my face to fight the acne that I have. Some of these items that I'm using can be harmful to my skin if exposed to the sun. So, the doctor told me I should be wearing a sunscreen.

I was already going to make sunscreen a regular part of my regimen. I'm just starting this task a bit earlier than I planned because of the recommendation of my doctor. So even though at the moment I'm wearing sunscreen because my skin needs that extra protection, I'm also wearing it to protect my skin from the harmful rays of the sun. The American Cancer Society estimates that one in five Americans will get some form of skin cancer in their lifetime. And as a side note the sun can also cause premature aging.

My choice of sunscreen is Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with an SPF 30. I don't know how it's supposed to be calming. I don't feel calmer. But I wasn't really buying it because it said it made you calmer. I was buying it for three reasons; for the moisturizer, SPF, and brand (Aveeno seems to be a brand that is recommended by a lot of doctors I've seen.)

Most sites I've seen recommend a sunscreen with an SPF 15 if you are going to be indoors most of the day. If you're going to be outdoors than they recommend a sunscreen with an SPF 30. They also say that if you're fairer skinned you should wear a higher SPF, which is why I'm going with an SPF 30 even though I'm going to be inside most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment