Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 37- Clean Bathroom

I have been working on a few things to keep my space clean and organized, and I have found that it's not as difficult as I thought. Keeping my car clean has been easy. If I clean as I go, and don't let anything get on my floor or seats it ends up taking five seconds versus the hour or so it would take to clean my entire car when I throw everything all over the place.

The dishes has been another thing that has been fairly easy. If I put my dish or dishes in the dishwasher right away it takes barely anytime at all. The only thing with the dishes that takes a bit longer is putting the dishes away from the dishwasher, but even that doesn't take that long.

So the key to staying clean and organized is that you only have to do a little at a time, and it usually takes such a little amount of time that you don't even feel like you've wasted any time. I have decided that I am going to use this principle for the bathroom. There's no need for me to clean the entire bathroom all at once. Afterall I don't think cleaning the bathroom is anybody's favorite spot to clean. So in my opinion the least amount of time I can spend cleaning in there the better.

What I've decided is if I pick one thing to clean in the bathroom(s) each day, it'll only take me a minute and by doing this the bathroom(s) should always stay fairly clean. Cleaning is so much easier today than it was in the past, because now you have wipes that'll pretty much clean anything.

So, I have wipes to wipe down the sinks, counters, etc., and wipes to wipe down the mirrors. I'm also being kind of lazy with the toilets, so I have those little blue disk things that pretty much self-clean the toilets. Although, when I get my new cat(s), I won't be able to use those anymore. My cat Buddy use to love drinking out of the toilet. I used to come in and see his butt hanging in the air, as he struggled to drink out of the toilet without getting his paws wet. So the little blue disk things will never work with little kitty cats running around.

Hopefully this will help to always keep my bathrooms clean. Now, I just have to find something to put all of my bathroom supplies in since my bathroom that I use doesn't have a cabinet. I guess that's something for a later date.

2 comments:

  1. when you close the lid of the toilet, it keeps the cats from drinking out of the bowl and cuts down on some of the evaporation of your toilet water...just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe I'd be able to remember that, but Bill he's another story. He often forgets to put the toilet seat down.

    ReplyDelete