Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 38- Eye Doctor

So today I went to the eye doctor. I've been long over due for an appointment. So, I thought it was about time, and I got a clean bill of health. My eyes are only slightly worse than they were before. I can deal with that. At least they're healthy.

It's so important to go and see the eye doctor, even if you have perfect vision. They may be able to catch any eye diseases early, and be able to correct the problem before it gets out of control. I've heard that people my age who wear glasses or contacts should visit the optometrist every year.

I was also in need of new glasses very badly. I'm tired of always pushing them back up. I've gotten them tightened, but it just didn't seem to help anymore. I also have a huge spot that covers almost the entire left eye of my glasses. I must admit that the huge spot on my glasses is totally my fault, because when I'm not wearing my glasses I just toss them around, or throw them in my purse. I've even been known to sit on them. I don't take very good care of my glasses, and I should, because they're not cheap, but not only that, I also just need to take better care of my stuff in general.

So, I ended up finding a new pair of glasses that I like, and hopefully I'll have those in a couple of weeks. The funny thing is my glasses that I have now were still available. I discovered this fact when I was trying on glasses, and I found a pair I liked only to realize that I already owned a pair just like them. I don't know why I didn't figure that out right away, but I didn't. I'm just not very observant.

I decided that I wanted to try something different, so I didn't go with the same pair. It's good to change things up once in awhile. Not just with getting a new pair of glasses, but everyday things too. You shouldn't always get stuck in the same routine. Try something different once in awhile. Especially if it's something that reaches out of your comfort zone. I've done that before, and have been pleasantly surprised. You might like it. In this case the change happens to be a new pair of glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment