Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 42- Home Safety

Today is all about keeping myself safe. Now that I no longer have my killer attack cat, Buddy, I have nobody to protect me when my husband is away or on call. So, today I'm making sure that I keep myself safe while he's away.

When I was growing up I think we took advantage of the fact that we lived in a safe area. We lived in the country, and much of the time the doors were unlocked. The only thing I had to worry about was being stampeded by a bunch of cows, but aside from that it was a nice safe area. We also had our beautiful golden retriever, Danny, who was very protective of the family.

Now I live in a pretty big city, and I swear there are times when I hear gun shots at night or maybe a scream or two. Who knows maybe I'm just paranoid. There have been times when my husband would tell me the next day how I forgot to lock the door. So, I am going to make sure I go around and make sure all the doors are locked. I'm also going to make sure that I keep my phone next to my bed at night, for emergency purposes, and I think for extra safety measures I will keep the light on the porch lit, so it's not completely dark, which will make it harder for anybody to sneak up, and break into the house.

These are all just preventative measures. The chances of having anybody breaking into our home are slim, but it happens. I've known several people who have had their homes broken in to in the past. It's just better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment