Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 48- Candy Intake

Today I went to the gas station. Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to be getting anything at the gas station anymore, but I needed to go so I could buy some Peanut Butter M&M's and see how many are in a king size package, and that was the only place I could find them today. I counted out my Peanut Butter M&M's and realized there are approximately 50 pieces. The amount can vary because it is decided on weight not number of pieces, but I figured I'd go with a nice round number.

In a previous post I talked about eating healthier snacks, and I also said that although I would be eating healthier snacks you would still see me with my candy. After keeping track of what I was eating in my food diary, I realized I was eating a lot more candy than I previously thought. I don't even know how much I was eating before I added on the healthier snacking, but I won't worry about that. So, I decided that today would be a good day to take a proactive approach with my candy intake.

I decided that since there are approximately 50 pieces of Peanut Butter M&M's in a King Size package that I would gradually cut down. So, instead of eating 50 pieces I will now eat 40 pieces. It doesn't seem like a big change, but neither did exercising for five minutes or drinking just one glass of water a day, and I 've been gradually increasing both of those.

I've said in the past that I need to take things slowly. If I cut out something all together I feel deprived, and then I just make it worse for myself. Cutting something out all together may be a good approach for others, but not for me. I need to make the changes so small that they're barely even noticeable.

This has been the approach I've been taking for this whole blog, and look at all the changes I've made in my life. Some of them were so small that they didn't seem like much, but with each change I make, no matter how small, the healthier and happier my life becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment