Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 62- Chew Gum

Snacking seems to be my biggest issue as far as eating is concerned. I began working with my snacking awhile ago. I first began with eating some healthier snacks, and then I began to work on cutting back my candy. So today I thought that when I got the urge to snack instead of grabbing something to eat, once in awhile I would pop in a piece of sugar-free gum.

There are several benefits to chewing gum. And although I'm using it to help with my snacking, it can also be used for oral health, to relieve stress, and to increase your focus, concentration and alertness.

Of course I'm still going to snack. Snacking itself is not such a bad thing. But I tend to snack constantly throughout the day. It's almost as though I'm not even thinking about what I'm doing. It's turned into this subconscious habit I have of constantly grabbing food and stuffing it in my mouth. I'm not even thinking about what I'm doing. A lot of times when I snack I'm not even hungry, but it's just become a habit to have something by my desk while I'm working or when I'm at home watching TV.

I like to chew on Extra gum, which has only 5 calories per stick of gum, and it comes in many different flavors, so it'll give me a variety. Do they make chocolate gum? Because if they do than I think I'd be truly happy. Hopefully this will help with some of my snacking throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment