Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 77- Pause, Reflect, Reevaluate




I've been at this for 77 days now, and my list of tasks is beginning to get very long. Yesterday the end of the day came and I began thinking back throughout the day, trying to remember if I had done everything I was supposed to do for the day. And I realized I think it's time to look back and take a moment to reflect on everything I've done, and then reevaluate all of my tasks, and see if there's anything I could be doing differently or better.

So here's what I did when I woke up this morning. I went back to day one, and did everything on my blog that I could possibly do. I did go out of order a little bit depending on how certain items naturally fit within my day. While going through my list I thought about everything I've done, and I felt pretty satisfied with everything. I felt a sense of accomplishment, but there were a couple of things I did decide to change.

First I made some adjustments to my 15 items of clothing. There's still 15 items, but I forgot how clumsy I am, and realized I was glad I kept all those garbage bags of clothing in my attic. I've already ruined a couple of items, just by being me. I need to make sure I have a few spare items in case I need to do some replacing due to my coordination problem.

Second, I pretty much realized that I have nothing to worry about. I do everything on my list. I have strayed once in a great while, mostly because my list is getting so big, and I can't always remember everything. But I've realized that it's the overall picture that matters. Nobody said I had to be perfect and I genuinely feel healthier, happier and definitely more organized. I am feeling good, and that's all that matters. But I decided that I do need to keep better track of my daily or weekly tasks. What I'm going to do is print off a hard copy of my list on a weekly basis so I can keep a better record of my daily or weekly activities. I felt I needed a better system, and I think this will work out very well for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment