Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 82-Feeling Crafty

One of my hobbies that I have is making jewelry, but unfortunately it is yet another one of the many things from my past that I have forgotten about. So, I thought I'd get myself back into this fun and rewarding hobby of mine.

You may remember from one of my past posts that I have gotten back into knitting, but with knitting I had a very specific goal in mind. My goal was to knit a blanket, because I would always start a blanket, but then never finish it. I have come to the realization that I am going to need to be very patient in the quest to complete this project. My Grandma could have probably knit a blanket in a day (OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration). My point is that I'm slow and somewhat inexperienced when it comes to knitting. While it has been going very well, I think I need another hobby or another project to break up the monotony.

As I wrote earlier that hobby just happens to be jewelry making. I still had all of my supplies, so I didn't have to go out and get anything. I didn't particularly like my first necklace I made today, but I need to work a little to get that creativity back. Maybe next time I decide to do a craft project I'll do something completely different; something I've never done before. I'm always willing to try something new. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment