Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 84-Organize Recipes

Over the years we have accumulated many recipes from various sources. The best recipe book I ever received was from my sister on our wedding day. It was handmade by her and consisted of various recipes from my past, along with new recipes; all put into a three-ring binder. I say this was the best recipe book my husband and I received, but I think it was the best wedding present we received. We have used many recipes from this book throughout the years and we continue to use it to this day.

There are several recipes that we use on a fairly regular basis, but they are scattered all over the place. We have a immense assortment of recipe books, recipes handwritten on notebook paper, scrap paper, cut out of magazines, or the back of boxes and cans, and recipes printed from an assortment of sites from the internet. What once was one recipe book from my sister has turned into a mountain of recipes. I decided to take the recipes that we use on a regular basis and print them up, laminate them and bind them together with a ring. By laminating them it will keep them longer, and if I spill any food on them... I mean when I spill food on them, I'll be able to clean them off easily. I thought about color coding according to type of food, but changed my mind at the last minute. 

This was actually a fun activity, and as I was searching through all my books and various pieces of papers, I found recipes we loved, but had forgotten about. I look forward to reintroducing these recipes into our diet. I also hope to add on to this with the new recipes I've been experimenting with.

The original recipe book we received from my sister.


The new system for keeping favorite recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment