Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 87- Clean the Floors

There are just some tasks I don't look forward to doing. Usually these are the tasks pertaining to cleaning, and this task of cleaning the floors is no different than any other cleaning task. Today I thought I'd pay particular attention to the floors. My original plan was to clean the floors in the entire house all at once, but soon realized that just was not going to happen. So I thought, "why not follow the same strategy I use for my bathrooms".

Previously I had the task of cleaning the bathrooms, but like the floors I didn't want to do it all at once, so I decided to clean one specific thing in the bathroom a day. This approach has worked out very well; I've kept up with it very well. And there is no reason I can't apply this same principle to the floors.

I figured I would clean the floors in one room a day. The only downfall is no matter what I do, our floors really won't look good, but at least they'll be clean. Last year when we had are nor'easter our house got flooded, and our floors got ruined. They were covered under our insurance, but we had some issues with our contractors, and ended up losing our floor money, so we've had to save up the money for our floors on our own. We have been living in a house with plywood floors this entire time.

Luckily this issue with our floors will be solved very soon, but in the meantime there is no reason why our floors shouldn't be kept clean. They may not look the greatest, but at least they won't be riddled with dirt, dust-bunnies and who knows what else.

Our nice floors. We decided to go with a nice splattering of 
white paint to add to the beauty of the floors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment