Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 91- Don't Be Afraid to Try New Foods

If I am going to become healthier, I can't be afraid to try new foods. I am kind of a picky eater, and have always been afraid of trying different foods. This can be difficult when we travel to all sorts of places around the world where they may have their own unique choices of food.

Some of the foods I try may not necessarily be healthier, but at least it's something different. Todays new food choice was eggplant. I've never eaten eggplant before, because it never really appealed to me, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I didn't have high hopes for todays taste test, but I figured I had nothing to lose. The eggplant itself may have been healthy, but the dish I made that contained the eggplant probably wasn't healthy. I ended up making eggplant parmesan. I actually fit two of my tasks into this one meal. I tried a new recipe, which was a previous task of mine, and I tried a new food, which was the eggplant.

Even though I didn't have high hopes for the eggplant, I found I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Now I do have my limits, there are just certain food choices I will not try under any circumstances; No insects, horse meat or monkey brains for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment