Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 92- Have Patience

Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success. 
 ~Brian Adams

Something I have learned about myself is my lack of patience. This lack of patience can be seen in my everyday life, but I can also see this in several of my tasks I have been working on. One of those is  knitting a blanket. While I have been doing very well I find myself getting impatient. I wish I were finished so I could move on to something else. But I continue on, and hopefully someday within the next year I will finish this blanket. Another example is anything pertaining to cleaning, and even doing something as small as painting my nails makes me impatient.

When I get impatient I get anxious and can even become careless with what I may be doing at the moment. I thought I could use other things I've been working on to actually help me be more patient. I figure taking a few deep breaths would help me relax. Also I could just give myself a time-out when I begin to grow impatient. Even praying to God to grant me the patience I need to complete something or to deal with the impatience of different activities and events occurring in my everyday life.

It's amazing how I'm beginning to use previous tasks to help me with current ones. This isn't the first day where I've used other tasks to help with current tasks I'm working on and I'm sure it won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment