Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 93- Clean the Kitchen Floor

Last week I had the task of cleaning the floors, but realized cleaning the kitchen floor needed to be in a category all on its own. This is a little bit more involved than the other floors in the house. I  need to add the step of mopping to this one. Plus I have other issues pertaining to the kitchen floor I don't have for other floors in the house.

After completing this task, I realized the floor wasn't as clean as I was expecting it to be.We have laminate flooring in the kitchen, and the floor going from the kitchen into the other rooms is literally falling apart. I have frequently tripped over those parts of the floor, and there are several nicks,  and scratches that can't be removed.

The kitchen floors will actually need to be cleaned more often than other floors in the house. You have one added problem in the kitchen, you have me as a cook, which means I'm going to end up with more food on me and on the floor than food we actually eat.

So instead of using the other floors as a guide for my cleaning process, I will be using my refrigerator cleanup process as a guide. I'll clean up any spills on the floor right away, and sweep up any crumbs right away, and mop once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment