Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 108- Accessorize (Part 1- Jewelry)

I have 15 items of clothing, so what do I do to get some kind of variety going for my wardrobe? Well, I guess you could accessorize. I mean you've got to have a little fun once in awhile, and I need to add something to add a little diversity to my current wardrobe of 15 pieces. 

It took me awhile to get used to my small wardrobe, and I have made a few substitutions, and as I said in a previous post, I ruined a few shirts during this time. For the last few weeks I have actually been living with 14 items of clothing, because I didn't realize I forgot to replace one of my ruined items. Surprisingly, I really didn't notice until recently. After todays shopping spree though I'm back up to 15 items again, I think.

Now I was going to get all my different accessories all at once, but I don't have that kind of money. So today I thought I'd begin my accessory journey with jewelry. I also thought the bigger and bolder the better. So I went with big, chunky necklaces. I also got a couple of earrings, a new watch, and a big bracelet. Since I also have the ability to make my own jewelry as seen from a previous post, I think the next project I do will be something big and bold. The jewelry I bought is nothing expensive. I think the proper term to describe what I bought today would be 'costume jewelry'. It's not like my current necklace I wear, but it's fun jewelry, and I think it will add that little bit of variety I need to my wardrobe.

All my new jewelry.

Aside from my wedding ring and another ring, this is the only jewelry I wear, and I wear it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; wearing this necklace won't change. I'll just wear my new jewelry over this necklace. These are pendants I got on two separate occasions when my husband and I went to Alaska. 

No comments:

Post a Comment