Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 120- No Heat Products for My Hair

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I will no longer be using heating products like my hair dryer or straightening iron for my hair. There are a few exceptions to this task, which I must mention though.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that it's winter, and I don't want to go outside with wet hair and end up getting myself sick. So if I go out before my hair is dry than I will definitely use my hair dryer. So the hair dryer is not going to disappear completely. I will just be cutting back on the use of my hair dryer. I also don't think it's appropriate for me to be going to work with my hair wet.

The tough one will be my straightening iron. I straighten my hair pretty much every single day. I have been experimenting with going with the natural texture of my hair the last week or so, and I can tell you it hasn't been easy, but I decided instead of fighting with my hairs natural waviness, I will go 'au natural' with my hair, and try to work with its natural texture. I will only let myself use my straightening iron on special occasion, and that's it.

I'm trying to help strengthen my hair and any damage I have done to it. Getting away from the heating products should help out, along with the hair conditioning treatments I have been doing once a week from a previous post. I will also be embracing those Scottish roots of mine, which is where I'm pretty sure I get this naturally thick and wavy hair from.

No comments:

Post a Comment