Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 124- Eat My Veggies (1/2 Cup/1 Serving)

I feel like I've been eating healthier, but there are a few things that are lacking in my diet that definitely need improvement, and eating my vegetables is one of them.

I should be eating 2 1/2 cups of vegetables a day, which is equivalent to five servings. I know I am not getting that many vegetables in my diet, so I thought I'd go the slow approach and begin with a 1/2 cup, and work up from there.

The following are examples of 1/2 cup servings of vegetables (keep in mind that 1/2 cup is not always a 1/2 cup. It depends on the vegetable):
  • 6 baby carrots (I had one website that said 10 baby carrots)
  • 5 broccoli florets
  • 1 roma tomato
  • 3/4 cup tomato juice
  • Half of a baked sweet potato
  • 1 ear of corn
  • 4 slices of an onion (I don't think my husband would like me eating raw onions.)
  • 1 cup of leafy greens
I love taking littles baby steps like this. I have found that by following this approach it has made everything so much easier to follow. Do you think it's possible for me to eventually crave vegetables like I do chocolate? Hmm... I wonder. I'm thinking no!

No comments:

Post a Comment