Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 128- Keep the Last Choir Rehearsal Before Christmas Stress Free

It always seems like every year I am stressing myself out, trying to get everything done, hoping everything will come together. I worry about whether this piece or that piece sounds all right. Will we get everything down? Will I make a mistake? Will we sound all right? Will everyone show up? Do I have all my music put together? I have all of these different questions going on through my head.

Instead of thoroughly enjoying the moment and remembering that this is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, I work myself into a tizzy and can't seem to relax. I decided to go into this with a different more positive attitude this year.

I wanted to go through everything and at the same time enjoy the company of my choir and their hard work they have put in. I wanted to enjoy their singing and playing. I wanted to help make it a relaxing last rehearsal before Christmas for them and myself.

I know that whatever attitude I had going into this rehearsal would transfer over into them. So I wanted to go into this rehearsal being positive and encouraging. I also wanted to have some time to just relax and take about 20 minutes in the middle of rehearsal to stop and have some time to enjoy their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment