Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 131- A Day of Rest and Relaxation

I feel like I have been going non-stop for these last couple of weeks. And I have realized the importance of having a day to rest and relax, and today was that day. Today was a day where I pretty much did nothing, and it felt really good. I did have Masses in the morning, but after that I was completely free. In the future I think I would prefer it to be a day where I don't have anything planned what-so-ever, but having the Masses in the morning wasn't so bad.

I still feel tired and I think it may take the whole week to recover from the hectic life I've been living these last couple of weeks, but I do feel so much better. I think it's important for me to remember that today shouldn't be the only day I do this. It's hard to fit an absolutely complete day of rest into my schedule, but maybe that's what I need to do. Maybe I need to write down a scheduled day of complete rest at least once a month. A day where I do absolutely nothing. A day where I can take a break from everything around me.

What are the benefits of giving yourself a day of rest? It restores your energy, repairs your body, calms your thoughts, improves your focus and lifts your mood.

Having a day of rest may seem like it wouldn't be very productive, but having that day can be very rejuvenating. You are then likely to be more productive and accomplish more in a shorter amount of time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment