Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 136- Get a Full Nights Sleep (7.5-9 Hours for Adults)

The average adult needs anywhere from 7.5-9 hours of sleep a night. Who has the time to get that many hours of sleep a night? I know we're all busy, but you really can't afford not to get a full nights sleep. So tonight I will work on my quantity of sleep I get a night.

Even a small amount of sleep loss can affect your mood, energy, efficiency, and ability to handle stress. If you want to be at your best on daily basis and be more productive than you can't treat sleep as a luxury, but treat it as a necessity.

It is also not just about quantity of sleep you get, but the quality of your sleep. Luckily I have been doing very well at working with some of my other tasks pertaining to sleep, and I feel like the quality of my sleeping pattern is coming along very well. The only problem I have is waking up too early, and not letting my body get the amount of sleep it needs. Hopefully if I can fix this one last thing I will finally have my sleeping patterns under control.

The quality of your sleep has a direct approach on your waking life, and if you still think that you don't have the time to sleep, remember what I said that by getting a good nights sleep everything you do the next day or the day after will be more productive. Aside from productivity a good nights sleep will also help with your mental sharpness, emotional balance, creativity, physical vitality, and even your weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment