Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 152- Spice It Up!

I'd love to be a better cook, and I know certain herbs/spices can make such a difference in a meal. My all-time favorite spice is curry. Today as I was making a chicken salad sandwich I poured on the curry, and I began to wish I knew more about what to do with all the spices I have in my spice cabinet.

I have so many spices and they hardly ever get used. If I knew what to do with all of those spices or herbs I wouldn't feel the need to pour different sauces or cheese on my food, which end up making my food unhealthy.

First of all what is the difference between a spice and an herb? I have no idea. That is how clueless I am when it comes to spices. But I'm not going to get into that now. Hopefully that will be something I learn as I begin to experiment. I found a very helpful link that will hopefully help me when trying to figure out what spices/ herbs I can put with what dish. Maybe I'll print it out and laminate it, and keep it in the kitchen so it's always close by.

Cooking With Herbs, Spices, and Seasonings

http://www.fcs.uga.edu/pubs/PDF/FDNS-NE-113.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment