Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 222- Keep My Gas Tank Full

I always wait too long to get gas in my car; I wait until my light turns on and beeps at me. It always seems to come on at the most inopportune times too. Today it was while I was in the drive thru line. I know I have a little time before it completely runs out of gas, but it still makes me a bit nervous.

I can't help but think of the time in high school when I got a speeding ticket, was a suspect in a hit and run, ran out of gas, had the battery in my car die, and had my car broken in to; all in the same day.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson from that first time I ran out of gas, but I never did. Today I will finally learn my lesson and keep that tank full or at least half full. I think I'll make sure to keep it above a half tank. There will be no more worrying about running out of gas or no more wondering how long I can push it before I have to get gas. This will be yet another little stressor that will be gone from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment