Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 223- Don't Complain

I am a complainer; I freely admit this fact. I complain about many things, and I must drive people absolutely crazy. Complaining gets me nowhere. So I will try my hardest to work on getting rid of this negative part of my life.

This is one of my most challenging tasks. I don't think I can change this one overnight. I will have to be very aware of my actions and hopefully I will catch myself before the complaining begins. If I feel the need to complain I just need to shut my mouth and keep it shut.

Here are a few things that may help with this difficult challenge:

  • If I feel the need to vent (vent sounds better than complain), than I will write down what's troubling me on paper and start with the words 'I am upset about' and then list what's troubling me.
  • Think of at least one thing I can do to change the situation and then write it down.
  • Pray!
Most of the things I complain about are trivial, but I know there may be times when something is truly bothering me, and I can't find a solution or it's just eating me up inside; in those instances I think it's ok to vent. Sometimes when something gets really bad it does you more harm keeping it all inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment