Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 229- The Best Excuse is No Excuse

Nothing is easy, and this is definitely a task that will take work, but I'm up for the challenge. I believe I have it in me to accomplish anything.

So today it's all about the excuses I make. I think back in my life, and think about all of those times I've made up excuses for why I didn't do something or why I did something. I have found I seem to have an excuse for everything. 

I think in a strange kind of way I feel as though I'm protecting myself by giving an excuse for my actions. I don't want to get hurt or I don't want to hurt anyone, and sometimes I feel as though I don't have a choice. But I always I have a choice, and it's a matter of making the right choices in my life. Sometimes I'm not going to make the right decisions in my life, and those are the times when I need to own up to those mistakes, instead of making up excuses.

I believe it would be less painful for me and everyone around me if I just said it like it is. Why give an excuse for doing something wrong or for not doing something? It doesn't get me anywhere. 

I am who I am, and I shouldn't have to live my life giving an excuse for everything; I really shouldn't. So no more excuses for me; if I do or don't do something wrong I will own up to it and deal with the consequences. I will not makeup an excuse for my actions; after all the best excuse is no excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment