Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 228- Always Keep a Spare __________.

This is really a lesson learned type of task. Today as I was getting ready to play the opening hymn for Mass my glasses broke. I never realized how blind I have become until that moment.

Luckily I saw somebody I work with, and asked them if they could get my old glasses that I just happened to have in my office. I don't usually keep my old glasses, but for some reason I decided to keep those, and as luck would have it I just happened to have them at work.

I did have to play the opening hymn without my glasses, but I was able to have my old glasses for the rest of the Mass. I'm sure if I had to I probably could have played without my glasses. I may have had a few wrong notes, but I don't think it would have been too noticeable. I practically have all the pieces memorized, but I am just the type of person that needs that music in front of me, no matter how well I know something; it's my security blanket.

After today I have decided to keep my spare set of glasses in the church (I eventually was able to fix my current glasses). It also made me think about other things I should keep extras of. Unfortunately the only other thing I can think of at the moment are my keys, but I plan on thinking about this a little more. I'm sure after much thought I'll probably come up with some other items.

I hate being put in situations like todays incident, so I want to make sure I will be prepared in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment