Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 240- Wait 20 Minutes Before Giving in to My Cravings

I still have a very strong sweet tooth. I probably always will. I still can't believe how much I've cut back on eating candy and I how I actually like dark chocolate now. I can't imagine going back to my chocolate of choice, peanut butter M&M's. I don't even remember the last time I had peanut  butter M&M's.

One thing I haven't addressed is my craving for other types of sweets. It was always the candy that was the worst part for me, but I do love other sugary treats such as cookies, cake, ice cream and pie. My all time favorite dessert is cheesecake. I love cheesecake! So I'm going to address the issue of my other sweets today, and maybe cut down a bit more on the candy while I'm at it.

I have decided that every time I get a craving for something sweet, I will wait 20 minutes before giving in. My hope is after those 20 minutes my craving will go away. It just so happens that I'm going to be putting this to the test right now, since writing this has suddenly brought on a craving for sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment