Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 239- Get 'er Done

In day 55 I talked about knitting a blanket. Well I'm still knitting that blanket, but I am over half way done, and I hope to be finished soon. But in the post I talked about how it wasn't about the blanket; it was about finishing something I started.

Well the problem is I did make it about the blanket. That always seemed to be my main focus of that task. I kind of forgot about the fact it was initially about completing something I began. So I am going to separate those two things from each other; the blanket and completing something I started are now two separate tasks.

While I do finish most things I've started I do have the tendency to take more time than is needed. Some things really shouldn't take that long. Some things would maybe take an hour or two if I just put myself to work, and didn't get distracted. So my task for today is finish things I start; not tomorrow or the day after, but right at the moment. No more holding off on those little projects.

I know some projects make take a little more time, like the blanket. But it really is those little tasks I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment