Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 243- Cut Down on Salt/Sodium

I've been working on the sweets, but I figured it was now time to begin work on cutting back on all those salty foods I eat.

The obvious choice when decreasing my intake of salty foods is to just put less salt on my food. If I  place the salt directly in my hand instead of directly on my food I'll have a better idea of how much salt I am using.

Another thing I can do is to use as much natural ingredients as possible instead of canned items, which have the tendency to have high amounts of sodium in them.

I can also use more herbs, spices and lemon to replace the salt I use on my food. I've already been experimenting with herbs and spices from a past post so this is a good excuse to use even more herbs. I also have my herbs growing, so hopefully if I don't kill them I'll have some fresh herbs to use on my food.

Finally I need to just cut down on those salty snacks, which is most likely my biggest source of my salt intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment