Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 244- Don't Wash My Hair?

My hair is getting long and with my longer locks it has become more and more wild and out of control. Some days it is so out of control that I have no choice but to use a hair clip or wear it in a pony tail.

I always knew I had a lot of hair and very thick hair too, but until it started growing out it just wasn't something I really noticed. I have also realized the longer it gets the curlier it gets. I thought I lost those curls when I was a little girl; I guess I was wrong. I have gotten a lot of compliments on my hair, but once this year is over with I will be cutting it; it is just too hard to take care of at this length and I still have a few months before I can cut it so it will be an even longer unruly mess by the time I'm done growing it out.

That brings me to todays task. I have heard that you shouldn't wash your hair everyday. I know when you wash your hair everyday it has the tendency to dry it out, and my hair is already dry enough as it is. So from now on I will only wash my hair every other day. I may end up having to use conditioner everyday though, because otherwise I may not be able to brush through my hair, but we'll play it by ear.

Hopefully this will help with the unruliness of my hair, but I'm not feeling to confident in this matter. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy,

    I once went to a stylist who specializes in curly hair. She advised me to only wash ONCE a week. She said that shampooing drys out the natural oils that keep the hair from getting too dry. At first, i thought GROSS! Then I tried it and it seems to work out just fine. It's not over dry or oily. She did the same, and her hair looked great!

    Once in a while, I'll wash early or twice a week, but not too often. I do, however condition every morning in the shower just to be able to comb it out. good luck! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping I'll notice a difference.

    ReplyDelete