Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 260- Fresh Cut Flowers

It's spring, and there are flowers growing everywhere. I remember my mom always had fresh cut flowers in our house. A lot of times those were flowers from our lilac bushes. Unfortunately, I don't see very many lilac bushes in Virginia. The flowers of choice in Virginia seem to be azaleas. You see them blooming quite a bit this time of year.

I decided I wanted to be bring a few memories of my Wisconsin home to my Virginia home and make it a habit of having some fresh cut flowers. Hopefully they won't be eaten by my little kittens, but I have them placed high enough so they aren't able to get to them.

One thing I have realized is the fact that I have to be careful as to what kind of plants or flowers I bring into my home and where I keep them, because I know a lot of them can be poisonous to my little kittens, and I wouldn't want anything to happen to my kittens.

I love having flowers in my home again, and it is something that completely lifts my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment