Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 269- Tempt Fate

It's Friday the 13th; a day filled with superstition. I don't particularly think I'm an overly superstitious person, but there are a few things I do that may fit into that superstitious category.

I really don't want to go into my superstitious shenanigans, so I won't. Just know that I can be a bit superstitious about certain things. Even the most rational people don't like to tempt fate, and can be a little superstitious. I think I am a fairly rational person. I just am a little superstitious about a few things.

So from now on I will tempt fate. Just because I forget my umbrella doesn't mean it is going to rain (By the way, I never carry an umbrella with me, so this is not one of my superstitions. But it probably should be something I add to a future post). If my ears are ringing it doesn't mean someone's talking about me (If this one were true people would be talking about me all the time, because my ears are constantly ringing; I have ear problems). Having a black cat cross my path won't bring me bad luck (I love cats, so I never really liked this superstition anyway). And just because my office is room number 13 doesn't mean I am destined to have bad luck.

So superstitions are out the door for me. No more being superstitious about irrational things. From now on I will tempt fate, and see where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment